While on an evening walk with a Girl ( I prefer to call her that) and her 17months old daughter.
Her daughter stamps on one of the many flowers on the ground and that is when this happens -->
She : <says some 'chepu' thing in Telgu>
Me : What did you just say?
(Note :I don't understand any language but hindi, english, hence the question.)
She : I am teaching my daughter not to stamp on flowers, and to do the same only for insects on the ground.
Me : what??Isnt that cruelty?aren't you teaching her aggression??
(Note: I am no freak opposing the killing of ants and blah blah, but this sounded so weird --> you cannot stamp on flowers fallen on the ground, but you can stamp on insects?? Hahaha)
She : No, I am teaching her self defence!!
SILENCE.....TO COMPREHEND WHAT JUST HAPPENED...AND THEN.....
LAUGHTER....LAUGHTER...LAUGHTER...
You need a lot of Cuteness to come up with such a reply..;-)! Don't you?
I am not forgetting this one.:-)!
6 comments:
You know what I thought this post was about :)
LOL yeah very cute... but I am one of those who think it's good to avoid unnecessarily killing any creature, even ants :)
@IHM
I knew, the name would catch your attention, specially cz we were just discussing this.
So, this was just to cheer up everyone who got a little turned off after reading the 'looser attitude' shown by some of your commentators :).
This was really cute, "Teaching her self defence"..I was like "whaaatt??,..:).."
Pitty all the insects that the kid is gonna kill henceforth in the name of "self defence". :). he he.
About the Ants, Ya..I am just neutral. Don't really have an opinion about it.:)
Haha...self defence...??
cute one i must say...
@Mahesh,
Ya..I knoww!! :-)...I was also like that...
Self defence??killing insects...what??
he he..:-)..!!
Personally,I don't find this wrong.Just for a moment, one should see this from a mother's point of view,especially when it comes to them protecting their daughter.
@B K CHOWLA
I never found it wrong or right, nor am I mocking at it. For me, this was plain cute and humourous, because self defence doesn't look like a term to be used in that context, :-)
Post a Comment