Friday, September 11, 2009

Exploiting Dumbness!

This is disgusting

Now, a search engine for Muslims only.

Has the Muslim religion become synonymous to conservatism..Er, or not even that, because this sounds plain dumb and not conservative.

“A Dutch company has launched a new search engine that aims to protect Muslims from accidentally bumping into explicit material while surfing the Web. Called ImHalal.com, or "I am Halal," is the world's first Muslim search engine.”

Really?Accidentally bumping?When does that happen?I use google whole day, I never ‘accidentally’ bump into porn. I am sorry – does anyone else reading this post ‘accidentally’ bumps into explicit material??

Even if you do – why do you think has the Microsoft,Google,Firefox given the ‘Back’ button in their web browsers?Makes no sense, right?

I mean, I understand if they were developing this search engine for Kids, but What the hell does this mean : “world's first Muslim search engine.”..?? Are there gonna be more? Do we really have Christian search engines, or Hindu search engines, or Jew search engine?I have never heard of them, please feel free to correct me if I am wrong.

“Reza Sardeha, founder of AZS Media Group, which runs the search engine, told The Daily Star that the idea grew after his friends complained of bumping into sexually explicit content when using search engines such as Yahoo or Google.”

HA?What an idiotic excuse to exploit and capitalize on someone’s beliefs, rather stupid beliefs!!

“According to The Daily Star, the site's filter examines the user's search terms and the websites that are returned, trawling for a 'non-halal list' of words that may indicate forbidden fruit. On the site, sex-related terms such as 'gay,' 'lesbian' or simply 'sexy' merit a haram level of three; the highest score on the list.”

The word ‘sexy’ too???


10 comments:

Sh@s said...

You very rightly said 'idiotic excuse to exploit and capitalize on someone’s beliefs.'
Its so ridiculous. Where has all the business ethics gone or these people never learnt them.

Anonymous said...

welcome to the real world.

Solilo said...

I tweeted about it 2 weeks back.

It is hilarious. Isn't it? I mean people just stumbling on "bad" websites.

Now what next? I am Hindi search engine, Christians only searches... :|

Bud-Wiser said...

@Shas

Ya, seriously. Lack of Business Ethics is one thing. But If I was a Muslim, I would be suing this website anyway..!! I would take this as an insult to my character..!! What a SAD world..!!

Bud-Wiser said...

@ Anrosh..

Thanks ..:)..!

Bud-Wiser said...

@Solilo.

It is indeed Hilarious and disgusting at the same time..!!:)

"Now what next? I am Hindi search engine, Christians only searches... :|"

Exactly!!This is my question too..!!

Arun.N.M. said...

First I thought you were joking. Such exploitation of religious followers by businessmen is not new but this is too much. The implication that only non muslims search for porn sites on net is laughable and also shows the narrow and divisive mind of the promoters of this venture

Bud-Wiser said...

@Charakan

Ya, this is one of those things that makes you wanna puke.Every religion can start building search engines of their own - so that their people don't bump into explicit material. Only Atheists will be allowed to use non-religious search engines like Google..Ha! Disgusting, isn't it?

Anonymous said...

do you there are kosher elevators meant for the jews in new york city - i saw this in columbia presbyterian hospital.

...of course the jews and muslims are kindred brethren.

one calls it halal and the other kosher.

and like all brothers are supposed to do they fight with each other. period

Anonymous said...

and there is islamic finance too --

Random books from my Library