Everytime – Pakistan BEGS for more resources to fight taliban in their own courtyard, why do they do it as if they are doing a favour to the world? I mean – wouldn’t they like to take on Taliban and save their own ass if other countries don’t chase them to do so???
Below excerpt from TOI report quotes Zardari :-
“"If the world's armies and the world's budgets cannot look after (the Afghan) side of the border, give me more time and give me the resources that I need and we will deliver," he said.”
Why doesn’t someone tell them FO??huh..
Note : I know Taliban is a global problem ofcourse, but I only want to prove one point here why the hell does pakis behave as if its not their problem at all???
8 comments:
Good point Chikki!!! And good to see you back here :)
Pakistan has learnt what we see many people do, keep saying something until it start looking reasonable or atleast worthy of debate or discussion.
@IHM
You know what, you are cent per cent right. They have made a truism out of nonsense.
Yes - I have decided to keep posting as often as possible even if its a single line..:)!
It seems Pakistani leaders will never learn. They have always tried to get sympathy,money and Arms from rest of the World to solve its 'Afghan' problem. Such actions have only served to make the situation change from bad to worse.
@Charakan
Ya, and what I don't understand is why does the world pay heed to them?Why aren't Indian diplomats and Lobbyists successful in conveying our points across?
high time pakistan owns up to itz failures!! but , i guess, am beint too unrealistic with my xpectations..;)
@ R.D.B
Failures?In this context Pakistan has not really failed, it has succeeded in getting these 'resources' from the world. Nice diplomacy! Indians are the ones who failed with their diplomacy. Disgusting!
Hi,
No offense, but I assume they do it because it works. From an American viewpoint, all hell would break loose if there were another 9/11, or even an AQ attack that killed 1000 people. Also, the possibility that AQ or LeT might get hold of one of Pakistan's atomic bombs is not encouraging. So the government of Pakistan can go to the US government and tell the US government that if the US doesn't back Pakistan's government, maybe bad things will happen.
In short, it is old fashioned extortion and it works.
The problem is that to do this you need a very difficult to control bogeyman. It is true that because India does not have a large number of potential suicide bombers, it cannot use its terrorism problem to extort resources from the rest of to the world. But not having a lot of potential suicide bombers is a good thing for India. If I were Indian, I wouldn't be envious of the Pakistanis.
Ray,
@Raymond Turney
No offence taken.:)
I am not 'envious' of Pakitanis, I am just frustrated with the American external affairs ministry! Even if I was neutral - I wouldn't be doing it what they are doing! Yes - I understand - they have a room of super-brains working in there and this might be the stance they would have taken after a lot of debates and discussions! But I do have my own logical thinking and I don't get this!
Americans can easily use their diplomacy to overcome the "old fashioned extortion" - or atleast I would like to think so. They don't have to kow-tow to Pakistan's "Extortion". All my common sense just fails to arrive at a logical conclusion for this behaviour!
Thanks for dropping by. I am great fan of your posts..!!
Post a Comment