
1)Popular demand, and numerous calls and emails are making me write 25 points about myself. ( Don't ask me how people arrived at the magical figure of 25 :-) )
Ha, Yeah, I am aware that I can Beat my own drums..Infact I can beat them louder than they are actually allowed to be beaten..;-)..
But I use it Purely as a tool for Humour, and it doesn't generally mean that I am an Over-confident, arrogant chap, ...:-)
My History, Geography :) -->
School Life, Naughty me ;-) -->
2)In my school's 30 years History, only 3 guys were ever removed, thrown out,kicked out....and I was one of those 3...Hurray..!!:-)!!
Ya, I was over-naughty in school.When I actually got removed I was kind-of falsely implicated though. I Cried , I cried a lot.I was only 16 then.:-(...awww..poor me!!
Hyderabad/Pune connection -->
3)I joined a Boarding school in hyderabad and I got really Home sick(Ya, 'Taare Zameen par'--Types) . May be that's why I cried when I watched 'Taare Zameen par'..:-)...I completed the year and then Joined Fergusson College,Pune... What a college!!! Till day, I am proud of being a fergussonian.One of the most popular T-shirts in Pune read
Fergusson Rules..........
"Down to Earth, but still above you all"
Even Those who did not belong to Fergusson would buy it.
Pune was Fun. But I was sick of the fact that the when you wanna shop, there is absolutely no where to go.. Till day, I don't buy anything from Pune. Also I hated the infrastructure.It was irritating, it was always a Tier-2 City for me.
Bangalore connection -->
4)From Pune, I moved to Bangalore, I was really fascinated by Bangalore even before going there.
I was a bachelor in Electronics engineering, married to software engineering now..Don't get me wrong..I mean, my course was 'Electronics and Communication', but just like the millions other passing out of engineering colleges in India, I became a software engineer by profession. But trust me,even now, if given a choice, I would not become an Electronics engineer, its too complicated, the circuits i.e..:-)!!!
Though I was a Rank Holder in my school, I did not get the best of grades in my degree. No excuse, but how could I do something which did not even motivate me. Also, I don't believe that all those who got better grades were actually smarter than me!!Pleaseeee...!!They are a result of Indian Education System.Nerdy but Dumb (Not all though).
Though Bangalore has a major traffic problem now, its by-far my Favourite place to live in, don't mind the Rowdies, and rowdy like Auto walas in Bangalore..!!
Singapore connection -->
5) I am working with Perot systems (American MNC), My 1st very project turned out to be an onsite one, so here I am, in Singapore, working with my client UBS ( Yeah, one of those investment banks ;-) who are in deep shit)
Its a year in Singapore now.I love my work, I Hate the management, Somehow I have noticed that Indians believe in Micro Management, and most of us cannot become good Managers.I work with people from all nations and I see such stark contrast in the way Indians Manage work and a/an European/Australian/American Manages work.
On a personal note, allthough life is much more comfortable here, and the money is amazing, I miss my friends in Bangalore. Though Singapore has so many amazing places to hang-out, I just don't have someone to hangout with.Finally when I can afford to go to the costliest of places, I don't have anyone to go with. God really doesn't give us everything, does he?
what Next?? -->
6)I am a wanna-be MBA. If possible, I want the degree from Singapore itself.
Random Facts about me -->
7)I do not read Fiction, but I have read 'Five point someone' and I loved it. I read fiction only in school, ya 'Enid Blyton', :-), Hardy Boys. :-).
I love reading Finance/Economic Articles.Though I still don't understand very complicated articles, I do better than most engineers when it comes to that.
8)I hate commitments, I don't think I can say those 3 magical words to a gal unless I am sure I am not gonna get bored of her down the line..;-)..and my past has taught me that by the time, I realise the fact that 'I am not gonna get bored of her', Its generally too late ( she's already taken).
The typical conversation is like this
Me : I am in love with you
She : You know, I have a BF, right?
ME : Ya, I know. :-(
Anyway.....
8) I prefer dating, infact I love it. I can never Date a woman who can't talk.I love woman who can talk, but she should also be a good listener when I wanna speak, Yes, I hate woman who can cut me off and start Blabbering again.Thankfully I have few wonderful friends I love dating and can probably date every single day of the rest of my life and still remain excited about the next date ( Ya, Mary/Sneha, if you are reading this , you were on my mind when I wrote it )
9)I love hanging out as well, I can endlessly hangout with my friends at coffee shops, multiplexes, fast food outlets, any damn place. We used to sneak out of hostel at 2-3AM in night to go to Bangalore Airport and have coffee at the COFFEE day.Not that we were big COFFEE fans, just the thrill..;-)!!
10)I am confrontational..( Yes, IHM, the point is stolen from you, Its only that, I wrote the opposite )..but I really don't believe in confronting a Dumb person, I generally agree with Dumb people. I am serious!! you cannot convince someone who has no idea about a subject but still wants to speak about it.
11)Someday, when I get settled in Life,I wanna have a Dog as a pet (Not a pomerian...Ya, I am Racial ;-)).
12)I am very Kitchen and Bathroom Conscious. I want my Kitchen to be very clean, I can't tolerate a Dirty Kitchen. I love the sight of a bathroom which is Dry, clean and spacious. When I have a house of own, I am definitely gonna spend a lot on my Bathroom.
13)I am a very cool person, I can't be formal for nuts, specially with my friends, and I don't want them to be formal with me as well. I can never be friends with someone who can continuously be formal with me.I start getting irritated and then avoid that person.
14) For me, my friends are really important. Infact some people believe that I treat them above my parents, I don't think that might be true, But yeah, I love my friends a lot.
15)I know people change, But I don't understand why they do. If I start getting a hint, that someone is changing, I normally rush to change myself before they do, and that is the time when most people think I start behaving weirdly.Some friends say I am possessive about my friends, which I don't completely agree with.
16)I am unpunctual. I can never-never come on time.I have never reached school on time, I have never reached college on time, I never reach office on time, I can't come on time -NEVER.I know it, and I can't improve.I have given up trying to improve.:-)!
17)I am a big believer of smart work. I don't believe in DONKEY/HARD work.Ages ago, I read it somewhere, I still remember the below lines :-
Practice does not make a man/Woman perfect.
Perfect practice makes a man/Woman perfect.
If you keep practicing something wrongly, you will become perfect at doing it wrongly!! so simple, right?
I wrote "/woman", because I am a little terrified of IHM/Surbhi...;-)..
18) Given a chance to be invisible --> I would kill all corrupt Indian politicians. They are a menace!!The only thing that is still going wrong in India..!!
24)I Love Indian food, to an extent that I am not ready to buy the explanation that it is because I was born here and I am used to eating it... I say, even If i was born in Honolulu, I would have still loved Indian food the most.
The fried stuff like Pakodis might not be good for health, but I can't imagine my life without Pakodis, samosas, Kachodis, Mirchi Vadas, Gujrati Fafdas, Pani/Bhel Puris, Cutlets etc etc.
25) I cry at a lot of Movies.I don't know why, But I do..Only one gal ( Rash..you..:-) ) has ever caught me doing that...and my explanation was ,, "ahh...just water in eyes"...I couldn't come up with anything better...:-(.
Ya Ya...for those of you who noticed that '24' came after '18'....Please don't freak out...If I can think of something, I will write again..Forgive me for now..!!Phew!!
I think, I am supposed to tag 25 people now? Nahh..I am not gonna do that..The "Tag" thing ends here...I declare it CLOSED hereby...Huhahahahaha...!!!!
16 comments:
Great info about you here. Nice to read them. :)
And thanks for the lovely comment on my post. It rained hard during the day when we were at Udaipur so we missed our ride to Lake palace. :(
@Indrani
Awww....Even I have seen lake palace,only from outside, and it looked Fab!!Even if you capture it from outside, it will still look awesome..There is also a stupid zoo in front of that Vintage car collection..did you see that?;-)..we did not!!
Aren't you glad we are not completely westernized yet?
http://maald.wordpress.com/
@Maald
Whatt??
What a crazy guy you are...
u think crazy and do crazy stuffs too
I am sorry i am late, i was suppose to get back to you when you visited my space last time.
Anyways late than none..
Keep in touch chikki
@Mahesh,
Hahaha..Ya,,I have been told those lines before...;-)
Its not a Rule to get back..;-)..So chill!!:-)!
So it was Random 20 :)
I prefer non fiction too.
Point 12) You will make a great husband. Ha..ha..
Your point 15 is thought provoking because it confuses me when people change. May be I change too. It hurts when people change before you do and then you ahve nothing in common.
Point 25) I cry at movies too.
Just checked your random book collection at the bottom of this page and I have almost all those books at home :)
LOL @ being one of the three who were thrown out of the school!
And I agree good marks do not necessarily been smart brains, infact I feel quite strongly about this, our education system encourages rote learning ...
It's good to be cool, and no harm being Confrontational ( I copied GM's idea, she had tagged me) ...in fact I wish I was :(
I cry in the movies too, even cry while reading some books...
Smart work is for the smart ones, most people need to work hard...
This tag tells a lot of little, fun things about you, I enjoyed reading about your love for late evening cups of coffee!
Clean kitchens and dry bathrooms, Indian food and your hatred for corrupt politicians are amongst the things we have in common :)
@Solilo
Thanks for the compliment :-).Glad to hear that from a woman.
And yeah, Some people just change, I guess I am afraid of getting hurt and thats why I rush to change before they do, and that is when things fall apart, and I start behaving weirdly.:-(!
I think the Books that one read's, speaks a lot about his/her personality, and then books also influence your thought process to great extent, so if we are reading the same books, chances are we will get along well, and can rant together for Hours..;-)!!
@IHM.
:-), Laughing at me being Kicked out ?haha..Laugh Laugh...Poor me..;-)!! You know I have got a zillions of "Last warning" and my school..:-)!
Ya, good marks do not mean anything absolutely. You won't believe quite a lot of toppers from our class did not even get placed till the end.
The rest of us got placed much much before them and then they were actually crying in class and teachers pacifying them.
Shouldn't everyone realize that there is so much more than just text books that you should know, and you should definitely have some other goals, text books aren't the end of world.God these toppers..:-)!!
Some of them are smart though, they can manage studies as well read a lot of other stuff as well pursue a hobby, I really adore such people.!
You wish you were confrontational??Awww....!! Start confronting me for no reason..You will learn soon..;-)!!
You know, no offense but gals cry a lot anyway, but I am a guy, BIG GUYS DON'T CRY.. :-)..I don't cry too, But movies make me cry ..:-(..so many of them..Damn me..:-)!
I stayed in hostel for 6 years, I can't believe I turned out to be a kitchen and bathroom conscious person.:-)..But yeah, other than dry bathroom, I would love to have a spacious one, if possible, a really posh one with glass interiors and greenery around..Wish I was Richard Branson..:-)!!He owns a island in which he has a open bathroom facing sea..:-)!!
Age is not a limit for the ryze MBNM mixers. only for MNDFCK which is by invitation only & you need to be 40+ & technologically challenged....unfortunately you fail on both counts:)
Where are you?
Where am I?As in??
RE: POINT(5)
Though Singapore has so many amazing places to hang-out, I just don't have someone to hangout with.Finally when I can afford to go to the costliest of places, I don't have anyone to go with. God really doesn't give us everything, does he?
**You have some friends here too right dude? And i bet by now Mr Popular-and-On-demand (you) would have "people" to hang-out n chill with in lil sg.. ;] Yup no one has everything. Plus wheres the fun in life when you already have everything? And more people would probably be less appreciative as well..=]
@Faiz..
:)..:)..:)...
Post a Comment