Tuesday, April 21, 2009

My try on ‘55 words Thingi’

IHM gave me an idea of writing ‘55 word fiction’ because she thought my posts are too long and it will be like a ‘self-challenge’ for me to limit myself to 55 words.So, here is my 1st attempt to write a ‘55 WORD FICTION FACT’ ( we will leave FICTION for some other time’ – lets take it one by one people, phew!)

A lot of urban ‘sensible’ urban voters are entering the election fray this time. My take…

We have Captain Gopinath of  ‘Air Deccan’ from Bangalore, then we have Meera Hiranandani from Mumbai – a banker unhappy with the way Govt handled 26/11, then we also have a new party – loksatta –from Hyderabad – “voice of the urban” – supposedly.I am sure there are few others that I am unaware of.

My fear is that these people will take away votes not from the most ‘undeserving candidate’ but from the most ‘deserving candidate’ from among those who are fighting ( even though my ‘most deserving’ candidate can be a jerk too – but what I mean is he would still be better than other jerks – or say the ‘least bastard’).

Why?I presume that it is the ‘sensible’ voters like you and me who are going to vote for these ‘sensible urban candidates’.Whom do you think we would have voted if we were not voting them?Ofcourse the ‘least bastard’ one.So, we end up harming our ‘least bastard’ candidate instead of the ‘most bastard’ one. To add – I do believe ‘sensible’ voters are in minority in India and hence our votes might not help these ‘sensible urban voters’ win anyway.:-(. Sad – but I do believe my presumptions are logical.

I repeatedly choose to classify you and me under ‘sensible voters’ category because I presume that ‘you and me’ are not going to vote for a candidate because of his caste/Religion/Sex or for a bottle of liquor, nor are we gonna fall for any of the fake promises or any ominous agendas like ‘hindutva’ or ‘culture’ shit.

Having said all this – I want to convey that I definitely don’t encourage you to ‘not vote’ for these ‘sensible urban voters’, lets atleast give motivation to others to join too, today or tomorrow they and hence we -- might win.

I guess I have ended up crossing a little over 320 words.Never mind, lets call it a ‘55 355 WORDS FACT’. Yea, something new for a change.

 

55 355 WORDS FICTION FACT

A literary work will be considered 55 355 WORDS Fiction FACT if it has:

Three hundred and Fifty-five words or less (A non-negotiable rule)

A setting, One or more characters, Some conflict, and A resolution.

And if it is a

Fact

Thats all.

15 comments:

Indian Home Maker said...

LOL LOL lol :)))
Point one - I agree with what you have said. Quite true, tough I neve gave it a thought before...
Point two - I think we still should encourage these clean guys to join politics by voting for them.
Point three I think this is serious cheating!! 355 words= 300 words more than there should have been!! Outrageous!

Bud-Wiser said...

@IHM,

1st point - God! You are quick, I just chatted you and you are here.:-)!Whats with this 'efficiency'?:-)

2nd Point - Yes, even I want to encourage such people to Join Politics, they must be really brave to leave everything and contest election. I pray such people start winning one day.

3rd Point - IHM, I have done so much better ya!!:-)..Normally my posts have more than a 1000 words easily.I am reaching my target of 55 soon.:-)!!

Indian Homemaker said...

LOL ... the way it's going it doesn't seem likely to happen in near future Chikki :)

Anonymous said...

LOL, blog hopped from IHMs to read your more- than-55 word fiction and that was something !!! :D

Bud-Wiser said...

@IHM,

Haha..Yea, I agree chances are bleak.:-). Will try coming down to 255 next time, then 155, and then hopefully 55.:-), then may be we can go for 5.lol.
Did you not notice the 'strikethrough'? One of the reasons why you switched over to wordpress.:-)!

Solilo said...

Chikki, You cheated! This is neither a fiction nor 55-er:))))))))

As for independent candidates, I agree with the thought that it forces creation of coalition govt. It can't be avoided anyways.

I would prefer more such clean imaged independent candidates and hope their win too. At least that might force parties to change their views and field good candidates instead of low lifes and criminals. Ah! just a wishful thinking.

Bud-Wiser said...

@Vimmuuu

Its not a 'fiction'.;-). Its a 'more than 55 word FACT'. I pretty much changed the 2 basic rules.;-)! But I did end up having my own copyrighted idea called '355 words fact' now.he he.;-)!

By the way, did you read the content?:-(

Indian Home Maker said...

How did you do that strikethrough??!!! You should do a post on this and share your knowledge with the rest of us... I would love to use it in my comments on bloggers blogs including yours!!

Bud-Wiser said...

@Solilo

Yea, a coalition Govt can anyway be not avoided, thats right, but my point of contention is we end up dividing the votes that were meant for the 'best among the jerks' candidate or as I call the 'least bastard' one.
Example - you and me were voting for congress, because we want to see congress in center with as few alliances as possible, but now our conscience asks us to vote for these 'sensible urban candidates', and we do that, but they obviously don't win, but as a by-product, our 'least bastard' candidate looses too ( who might have won otherwise, if his 'sensible voters' would not have been divided because of the new candidate).

Having said that, I really don't oppose their candidature at all. This was just a logical thought that I wanted to share. These 'sensible urban candidates' might start winning when 'sensible voters' are in majority. Atleast we are moving in the right direction and I am happy.

And Yea...I Cheated..HAHAHA...:-)..May be I can tag you to write a 355 words fact too.;-).Lol. I am planning to copyright my idea.:-)!

Bud-Wiser said...

@IHM

I don't think, we can do that for comments,
:-(, but I will write a post about 'strike-throughs' in the post, thats indeed a nice idea, it might help others who want to do the same.

IHM - I must say, you are very quick in this blog world of yours.I doubt if you are a BOT..;-)..Just kidding.:-)!!

Indian Home Maker said...


You Have Been Tagged
And I was quick because I got your comments in my email inbox :)

Bud-Wiser said...

@IHM..

:-).Ok, so I will try to cover it in 55 words.;-).hahaha

amreekandesi said...

This is very interesting, and very ironical logic.

This same idea applies to how smaller regional parties eat away into the vote shares of national parties, thus denying them a clear(er) mandate.

Bud-Wiser said...

@amreekandesi

Yups, I guess you are right..!!

Anaggh A. Desai said...

Nice but it is not meera hiranandani (the builder family) but Meera sanyal the banker www.meerasanyal.in if i mistake not.

Random books from my Library