Sunday, January 10, 2010

Rebuttal from Shashi Tharoor


Shashi Tharoor's Rebuttal on the controversy here:

I believe it is our duty, to counter media everytime they go for such cheap marketing to increase readership.I am disgusted with TOI right now.

The damage would have been done by now. Media should be sued for every such mis-information they sell. I mean - atleast what they put inside the quotes should be correct!! But then, the courts.. Ha!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I watched his rebuttal on NDTV24X7. I find out of all the News channels this one is (as of now) the least sensational and melodramatic of the channels.

Have you read Prem Pannicker's brilliant post about Shashi Tharoor and a people's representative's right and duty to interact with the public -and his voters, without the media being the middle man? According to Pannicker (and I agree) media resents their being sidelined because now Tharoor is in direct communication with us - no exclusive lines for them, do read the post. It's brilliant.

Bud-Wiser said...

@IHM

Just googled and read it. What a fabulous post. Loved it.

There is no Indian news channel in Singapore,:-(, but I have added NDTV URL to my favourites now. Just subscribed to their feeds as well. TOI just lost me.

Arun.N.M. said...

I agree with IHM that NDTV is the least sensationalist of all News Channels.
About media not liking Tharoor twittering... I am not very sure.Tharoor was and is a darling of Indian English media.Unusually extensive coverage given to him, proves that fact.

Bud-Wiser said...

@Charakan

Oh, which news site do you follow? I have added NDTV to my homepage now.. Thanks :)

Arun.N.M. said...

As I am living in India I watch many news channels and read many newspapers . It is always better to get news from multiple sources and also try to guess the motive behind particular type of coverage as every news source has their own hidden agenda

Arun.N.M. said...

As I am living in India I watch many news channels and read many newspapers . It is always better to get news from multiple sources and also try to guess the motive behind particular type of coverage as every news source has their own hidden agenda

Random books from my Library